Forgotten Lands
| Dungeons and Dragons | D&D | Forgotten Realms | FR | Neverwinter Nights | NWN | Mask of The Betrayer | MotB |
Четверг
22:40
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS Главная | Маска Предателя. - Страница 19 - Форум | Регистрация | Вход
[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
Форум » Neverwinter Nights 1-2 » Общий » Маска Предателя. (Хоровод вокруг будущего счастья.)
Маска Предателя.
OranjДата: Вторник, 28.08.2007, 14:19 | Сообщение # 271
Архимаг
Статус: Offline
skirmir, отлично! smile

Заработай деньги в интеренете вместе с UcoZ
Качественный Бесплатный хостинг от UcoZ
Травиан - браузерная игра

АндарилДата: Среда, 29.08.2007, 11:54 | Сообщение # 272
Элементный Учёный
Skirmir спасибо за новости! cool

Элементный Учёный Стихии Земли.

Сообщение отредактировал Андарил - Среда, 29.08.2007, 12:07

OranjДата: Среда, 29.08.2007, 13:55 | Сообщение # 273
Архимаг
Кто-нибудь возмется за перевод чата?

[CY]CLONEДата: Среда, 29.08.2007, 15:34 | Сообщение # 274
Elven Sorcerer
Нужно? - возьмусь, если не умотаю завтра в деревню....тогда не знаю, когда перевод будет.

Sic transit gloria mundi.

Сообщение отредактировал [CY]CLONE - Среда, 29.08.2007, 16:12

skirmirДата: Среда, 29.08.2007, 17:40 | Сообщение # 275
Сумеречный Бард
Я только к выходным смогу заняться. Если в субботу утром не будет , к вечеру сделаю.

Кошки всегда приземляются на лапаы. Хлеб всегда падает маслом вниз. Подброшенная кошка с привязанным к спине хлебом будет парить в состоянии квантумной нерешительности.

Сообщение отредактировал skirmir - Среда, 29.08.2007, 17:46

OranjДата: Среда, 29.08.2007, 20:19 | Сообщение # 276
Архимаг
Не важно когда smile главное чтобы было
Ну и чтобы оба не делали одну и ту же работу, можно разделить пополам

skirmirДата: Пятница, 31.08.2007, 08:17 | Сообщение # 277
Сумеречный Бард
One of the many games being shown off at this year's Penny Arcade Expo was the expansion to one of the biggest RPGs from last year, Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer. Obsidian's Nathan Davis, the Assistant Producer for the title, was on hand to tell us a bit about the highly anticipated expansion. Read on to see what he says on how they've fixed some of the lingering problems from NWN2 and details on some the cool stuff they've added.

Early on one of the major complaints with Neverwinter Nights 2 was with the camera system. Have you guys worked on making it better in the expansion?

We have improved our camera system quite a bit. So we have two new modes now including a character camera mode that is similar to the one in World of Warcraft and also a new strategy camera mode that is more reminiscent of what you would see in Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale. The character mode is great for exploration and general activities, while the strategy mode is great for big combat scenarios where you want to have a good feeling for where all your teammates and enemies are.

One of the other problems with Neverwinter Nights 2 initially, was poor system performance. It was helped a bit by later patches, but you still needed a fairly powerful machine to run it. Have you been able to optimize this at all for the expansion?

Yeah, we've done a lot to improve that, we brought in programmers specifically work on performance issues and to fine tune everything. So we've gotten a better and more responsive game engine now. We're really trying to reach for a much improved graphical look to the game without creating a heavy draw on systems. We've tested the expansion on a number of different systems and it's running reasonably well. In general I think it's running better than the original NWN2.

Now this is a design choice, but another issue that some longterm Baldur's Gate/NWN fans had with Neverwinter Nights 2 was the fact that you moved away from attractive high quality 2D portraits for your characters and instead got a zoomed-in look at their 3D model's head instead. And honestly, it looked like crap.

Haha, well we've actually made it now so that players can customize their portraits with their own pictures and also increased the quality of the provided portraits for your NPC teammates. That's one of those things - we get a lot of feedback from the community and we respond to that.

Going back to Neverwinter Nights 2 -- it really was a fantastic game and the only other real problem with it was the fact that it started off really really slow. I know a lot of people who never even reached the town of Neverwinter because they were so turned off by the initial pacing. Does the expansion do a better job of keeping the player's initial interest?

You mean storywise? In Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer you can import your NWN2 character or start a new one and either way you start off the game with the shard [see NWN2] being ripped from your chest, covered in blood and a Red Wizard woman is offering to help you. So it kind of immediately puts you in a mysterious place that's pretty dangerous, it has a lot of angry spirits that want to attack you almost immediately.

Overall, I know what you're saying but I think the pacing is a lot better in the expansion. When you come into the main city, there's so much new stuff that it kind of brings back the joy of exploration. There are a lot of secrets in the city, like a shadow portal that transfers you to a black and white alternate version of the town populated with monsters. The game really immerses you into the story more quickly.

What are some of the other changes that have gone into the expansion?

We've changed the companion system to give you a much clearer view of your level of influence with them. You now see exactly what that level is by looking at their character page. You can also view your alignment in a points value on your own character page, which helps give the player a better view into whats going on. And speaking of companions, we've upgraded the benefits you get from gaining influence with them. Now they'll gain new feats, you'll get new feats from them, like special companion feats. There's a lot more to it, a lot more reward for putting in the time and getting into the companions stories.

How many different companions are there?

None of them are ever required really by you, but total I believe we have five.

About how long is the single player campaign going to be?

Initially we were shooting for 15-20 hours, but by the time we added everything we're looking at more like 20-30 hours. It really is more of a full game than an expansion in a way.

And one last thing, will we find out what happened to our companions from the first game? It ended on a bit of a downer with all your companions apparently getting killed and your character getting transported to who-knows-where.

There are some special appearances from your old party and there hints about what happened to the other ones as well. *grin*

Взято от сюда.

Кошки всегда приземляются на лапаы. Хлеб всегда падает маслом вниз. Подброшенная кошка с привязанным к спине хлебом будет парить в состоянии квантумной нерешительности.

skirmirДата: Пятница, 31.08.2007, 08:39 | Сообщение # 278
Сумеречный Бард
NWVault обновил и расширил список фактов.

ElvinnaДата: Пятница, 31.08.2007, 20:24 | Сообщение # 279
Quote (skirmir)
Описание Карг ножно найти в Справочнике Монстров(Monster Manual) на странице 143(в английской версии , переводы отличаются).

Большое спасибо.
Quote (|CY|CLONE)
есть еще на 193 и по виду она больше похожа на ту, что в игре будет.

Ага, спасибо. И те и другие интересны. Хотя ночные карги меня больше впечатлили =)
Quote (|CY|CLONE)
не знаю, может "Gulk'aush" и имя, но это точно карга.

Ясно. Наверное имя или что-то вроде того.
Quote (Liana)
Так что здесь моя позиция ближе к
Quote (|CY|CLONE)
немного напрягает

А меня вроде нет, не заметила, чтобы напрягало. Ладно, посмотрим как это будет осуществлено в аддоне.

skirmir, респект за информацию. Оперативно выкладываешь =)

О, хм. Прочитала тут ревью какого-то Q&A тестера или кого-то в этом духе (просто могу перепутать, пишу по памяти). Оно тут, если кто не видел. Впринципе ничего нового, но мнение со стороны тоже интересно. Я выложу и прокомментирую то что мне показалось интересным. Цитата оттуда про пожирание душ:

By now most of the folks following MotB have heard at least something of the spirit eater mechanic. Let me warn you right away that the spirit eater curse will cause the player some heartache and grief. It is not something to take lightly. Because of the curse, the PC will face a variety of dilemmas. The condition, and how the PC deals with it, will shape the game. It is that important.

Грустно получается, но интересно и надеюсь это будет сложнее, чем я предполагаю. А то представляется картина: стоит протагонист и думает "поедать душу или не поедать?" =) Но если постараться, то я думаю возможно выйдет действительно то о чем можно задуматься. Вот еще что интересно... пожираение душ какие-нибудь реальные плюсы дает? Или это только переплетение с сюжетом. Нет, не то чтобы мне нужны эти "плюсы", если меня (можно читать моего протагониста) поставить в такую ситуацию, то я конечно бы отказалась от "поедания душ", вне зависимости от того что от них можно получить. Разумеется, если не поставить в такие рамки, что от этого зависела чья-нибудь жизнь, вот тогда можно и подумать. Эээ, ладно меня понесло =) Вот еще что про НПЦ:

There are fewer NPCs in the game, but they are splendid company. Sure, I think one of the NPCs could have a sexier voice. haha Altogether, the NPC dialogue is well written, they have wonderful backstories, and having a full party can make for a lot of fun interaction. There are some twists and turns in forming a party in MotB, but it all depends on what the player wants to find in the game. What I found was a great experience.

Понравилось, то что диалоги хорошо написаны и у них "wonderful backstories". Очень хочется это увидеть как оно на деле. То, что их стало меньше по правде говоря и не расстраивает =) Хм, и про чей это он голос так сказал... Ладно, еще не совсем по тексту, давно хотела сказать про то что компаньонов можно будет убить и они будут необязательными. Это хорошо, но без компаньонов мне кажется будет скучно, а убить у меня их рука не поднимется, если так можно выразиться. Пусть они и в игре, но все равно жалко =)

У меня сайт что-то то работает, то нет х_х Извиняюсь что так много пишу и все конечно не то чтобы такое интересное и по делу, это просто мои мысли и мне сейчас действительно нечем заняться, поэтому сижу и строчу. Я конечно понимаю, что врятли кто читает до конца... но... может быть... если кто дочитал, то спасибо за внимание =)

skirmirДата: Пятница, 31.08.2007, 21:09 | Сообщение # 280
Сумеречный Бард
Незачто wink . Можно посты и по длиннее rolleyes .
Спасибо за ссылку Elvinna, для порядка надо выложить всю рецензию(для тех кому какие-то причины не позволяют бегать по всем ссылкам).

I’ve been trying to think of a way to describe Mask of the Betrayer that’s useful to you guys but doesn’t give away any information that Obsidz and Atari don’t want you to have. At this point, I think most of you, who have been following the game, know quite a bit about the story, the characters, and the setting. That works in my favor, since it frees me to step back and assess the game from a distance. For example, I don’t need to focus on Rashemen. You guys know that the story is set in Rashemen, at least in part, and most of you can make your own judgment about the setting.

For my part, setting isn’t really important. I prefer some settings to others, but a good story will shine in virtually any setting. Since I’ve already mentioned Rashemen, however, I will point out that I’m not a fan of the region, which only serves to highlight the fact that I’m not a Forgotten Realms fan in the first place. How many times has Thay invaded Rashemen? How many times has Rashemen killed the invaders or driven them back to Thay? If Rashemen has had the strength to overcome so many invasions, it surely has the power to go into Thay and take care of the problem altogether, right? …But nooo, they don’t. Believe me, I don’t praise MotB for the Forgotten Realms setting and I certainly don’t praise it for the particular area of the Forgotten Realms in which the story takes place.

Likewise, I’m not advocating the game because it’s part of the Neverwinter Nights franchise. Frankly, I was disappointed when I discovered that I’d be working on the expansion. I’ve had mixed feelings about NWN since the very first game hit the shelves. I’ve enjoyed it and hated it in varying degrees since I received my pre-ordered copy of NWN. I had this crazy hope, against all odds, that I would get a chance to see Aliens or one of the other projects under development at Obsidz. As it happened, the folks on different projects at Obsidz showed me the other games, but I only worked on one. Of all the games, MotB is the one I was least enthusiastic to see.

So, how did I go from a decided lack of enthusiasm to singing the holy praises of gamer geekdom? That will follow below. Right now, as is my custom, I will discuss the aspects that I didn’t like. I guess I could say… I dunno…. maybe, “I will discuss the aspect that needed the most improvement.” I won’t insult your intelligence. There were aspects I didn’t like about MotB. Nonetheless, I’ve never preferred to end any discussion on a bad note, so I’ll have my say about the “bad” and then get on to the “good.” Just keep in mind that some of the things I dislike about the game might actually be improved before it ships. I know the team was still working to fine tune the package when I headed up to Northern California.

Probably my biggest beef is engine optimization. Sure, MotB runs better than NWN2. It runs better by a lot, really. Translate: NWN2 was extremely bad where MotB is merely bad. The loading times, on the computer I was running, were less than stellar, but running around within the areas was smoother than NWN2. Overall, on a machine running Vista with one gig of memory and a mediocre video card, the engine feels… clunky? I don’t know how else to describe it, but it’s not as stable as WoW. Of course, WoW hasn’t been as stable as WoW lately, so maybe it’s an industry trend. For those of you who have played them, MotB compares favorably against S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and NWN2. I won’t blame you if you accuse me of damning it with faint praise.

The camera angles are improved over NWN2, but I would rather have finer control over the camera. It seemed a little erratic to me, and that’s largely unchanged from the first title. The camera issue is always a favorite topic for argument, and everyone seems to have his own take. My point is that I want the camera controls to be more fluid than fast, and that has not been the case for either NWN2 or MotB. Fiddling with the settings doesn’t help much, and so I’ve gotten used to it. Getting used to a feature is simply not the same as liking it.

Graphics impacts both the engine and the camera, to be sure. MotB does not represent the pinnacle of gaming graphics, either. At work, on my one gig Vista system, I was forced to reduce the graphics settings in a variety of ways, from shadows to resolution to anisotropic filtering. I’m sure NWN2 would have entailed some of the same tweaking, or worse, but I’ve only played NWN2 on my home computer, and I have the settings there maxed in every category. What I can say is that the MotB graphics are roughly equivalent to the graphics for NWN2. I prefer some of the scenes in MotB, and I think the artwork is better, which makes the game more aesthetically appealing to me. The spooky areas are spooky, the large outdoor scenes are pretty, and the game, with all the bells ringing and whistles blowing, is much more enticing to the eye than NWN2. I would not describe any area as “breathtaking,” but the graphics are sufficient to do the job, just as they were with NWN2. As an aside, I was more impressed with the Aliens graphics, although that might have been the coolness factor of getting to see the game.

Since I’ve commented often on the story, I’d like to cite the less than stellar aspect of the writing (there I go again, insulting your intelligence). MotB pits itself against any game in the genre, and stacks up very well against the best the genre has to offer. Nevertheless, it is simply not a book. I know many of you will revile me for making this statement, but games are inferior literary devices. Sure, I can understand the hostility against Ebert, but games lack the sort of long term impact of literature or film. When a game, such as PS:T, tries to rise above its third class standing, a number of people in the gaming community pillory the effort as “pseudo-philosophical” or “quasi-intellectual.” PS:T was “pseudo-philosophical,” but only inasmuch as it introduced philosophical notions in order to further the story. …And those elements, no matter how we describe them, served as the basis for understanding the game itself. MotB, on the other hand, gives the same superficial treatment to the larger issues as virtually every other game in the genre. There are important questions, such as faith and trust and morality, that barely get a nod from the design team, and sometimes not even that.

On that note, I can switch gears, because MotB tells an excellent story. Like I’ve said previously, I prefer PS:T to MotB, but the two games are similar. Both tell a personal story. However, the point of PS:T is to discover something about yourself. You must understand the things you’ve done in the past and decipher the activities of your previous “incarnations.” In MotB, the game is refreshingly centered on something (and someone) other than yourself. Sure, the game revolves around the PC and his actions, but the point of every endeavor is to understand something that happened in the far distant past. If PS:T were a story of self discovery, then MotB is a story of other discovery. The PC learns something of himself along the way, of course, but MotB serves as the final chapter in a very long book. It is an important chapter, to be sure, but most of the book was written well before the PC enters the story.

Not only that, but the issues are not nearly so driven by philosophical underpinnings. In that regard, MotB does much better than other RPGs in that the design team, deciding not to tackle philosophical issues, crafted a much more personal story. This isn’t a game about the PC finding his mortality. It’s a game of survival. There’s not a lot of navel gazing in this game. It’s a gritty battle, and sometimes the enemy is the PC himself.

By now most of the folks following MotB have heard at least something of the spirit eater mechanic. Let me warn you right away that the spirit eater curse will cause the player some heartache and grief. It is not something to take lightly. Because of the curse, the PC will face a variety of dilemmas. The condition, and how the PC deals with it, will shape the game. It is that important.

The spirit eater mechanic has many ramifications for morality, but even these moral questions are more personal than most other games out there. The spirit eater curse is a hard companion, and the PC must bear it under his skin at all times. For that reason, many PCs will commit acts that tear at the heart of their moral compass. Only the most dedicated and determined (and clever) will be able to avoid acts of atrocity. However, the curse grants the PC several opportunities to commit acts of genuine goodness. It is a curse, to be sure, but the manner in which the PC deals with the curse makes MotB an excellent game. Player choices aren’t just immediate and often, but they’re meaningful as well.

I’ve not seen a game that so thoroughly rewards the player for such an assortment of decisions. I’ve always hated the idea of alignment, but if we simply ignored the swinging pendulum of alignment scores and shifts, the story itself recognizes the impact of the PC’s decisions, and I don’t just mean the end game. I’m not prepared to cite an instance right now, but there are wonderful examples of how the design team made good use of a game mechanic I’ve always hated… alignment. Even better, a player truly dedicated to playing a particular role will be able to ignore the alignment information anyhow. I know whatever choices I make will virtually always keep me in the lawful good alignment.

Speaking of choices, I seem to recall a thread Kaftan started complaining about influence. While he doesn’t like influence, I enjoy it. I thought it generally worked well in NWN2. In MotB it is outstanding. First of all, it’s nice to have other people respond and react to player choices. Taking the influence system out of the equation would be a mistake. Would it be better to have a paladin in the party who never says a word as the PC murders a building full of orphans? Is it better to have companions who stay in the party and act in the exact same way no matter what the PC does or says? I don’t think so. In NWN2, the influence system is sometimes capricious and largely opaque. In MotB, because of changes in the expansion, the influence system is much more transparent. You know how your companions view the PC at any time.

That’s something else I like about the influence system. The player must be concerned about how the NPCs view him. Just like real life, the PC cannot ignore the people around him. Anyone who has a job, or a family, or friends, or enemies, or… well… doesn’t live in a cave under the surface of Mars knows that he must interact with other people. He can be rude, sure. He can be abusive, using, or sneaky. He can even tell his companions or potential companions to leave him alone. …But the NPCs, just like folks in real life, will react to what the PC does.

As for the “problem” of finding the best way to interact with companions? *shrug* Isn’t that all part of real life as well? I’ve tried to be a straight shooter all my life. I respect folks who only choose the responses that fit the role they’ve assumed. That’s great. If they don’t care what the ramifications are to the PC, even better. If any of you feels compelled to choose responses or actions just to garner favor from the NPCs, that’s great also. I imagine you might be the sort of person, like me, for whom diplomacy is the first choice. It’s not underhanded to make your companions comfortable or happy. On the other hand, maybe you’re the type of guy who lies to women in order to sleep with them. It’s natural that you’d go out of your way to manipulate your companions. Fair enough. …But, if you use the influence system just to get goodies that would otherwise be denied to the PC, then you should not complain that there is an influence system to be used. It is no more prone to abuse than any number of DnD mechanics. …And I like it, damn it.

There are fewer NPCs in the game, but they are splendid company. Sure, I think one of the NPCs could have a sexier voice. haha Altogether, the NPC dialogue is well written, they have wonderful backstories, and having a full party can make for a lot of fun interaction. There are some twists and turns in forming a party in MotB, but it all depends on what the player wants to find in the game. What I found was a great experience.

MotB is not a perfect game. In all my years of gaming, I have not found such a game. However, it is a breath of fresh air. It’s not enough to have a lot of choices to make in the game world. In fact, choice without consequence amounts to no choice at all. MotB crafts a beautiful story for the player, and the player completes that story by decisions. Those decisions are meaningful.

Finally, it’s been a bit hectic lately, as I’ve driven close to three thousand miles over the past week or so. However, I’m willing to answer question where my writing has been unclear. Be warned, however, that I’m bound and determined not to discuss specifics until the game ships. I know most of you would rather have juicy details, but this is the best I can offer at the moment: this is a game worth owning.

Еще раз спасибо за ссылку Elvinna.
Взято от сюда.

Сообщение отредактировал skirmir - Пятница, 31.08.2007, 21:10

OranjДата: Пятница, 31.08.2007, 21:44 | Сообщение # 281
Архимаг
Спасибо smile жаль пока нет переводов

NardДата: Суббота, 01.09.2007, 01:54 | Сообщение # 282
Манчкин
не знаю куда лучше запостить новость , пусть будет тут хоть это и оффтоп smile

появились патч нотесы 1.07 , изменений масса
http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums....rum=109

Добавлено (01.09.2007, 01:54)
---------------------------------------------

This October, Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer will ship, a little bit shy of NWN2’s first birthday. And, in anticipation of Mask, we’re delivering the largest, most feature rich update to NWN2 yet.

очень интересная строчка из патчнотесов - ждем аддон в октябре
и вообще сами патчнотесы окзались занимательным чтивом smile

Сообщение отредактировал Nard - Суббота, 01.09.2007, 01:54

OranjДата: Суббота, 01.09.2007, 02:47 | Сообщение # 283
Архимаг
Отличная новость, днем отпишу в новостях

skirmirДата: Суббота, 01.09.2007, 08:32 | Сообщение # 284
Сумеречный Бард
Oranj, Блог НвН2 обновили. Там есть описание Невидимого Клинка.

Сообщение отредактировал skirmir - Суббота, 01.09.2007, 08:38

NardДата: Суббота, 01.09.2007, 12:35 | Сообщение # 285
Манчкин
кстати в другом месте патчнотесов говориться
In advance of the release of the Mask of the Betrayer expansion pack this September

не понятно когда же ждать релиз в сентябре или октябре ? blink
Обзидиан сами себе противоречат

Форум » Neverwinter Nights 1-2 » Общий » Маска Предателя. (Хоровод вокруг будущего счастья.)
Поиск:

Copyright Oranj © 2024 Сайт управляется системой uCoz